Every November I get the same question: As a vegan, what do I serve for dessert at Thanksgiving? This year, I’ve teamed up with TheVegetarianBaker to create the perfect answer to that age-old question: Raw, Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake! This dessert is absolutely amazing – Full of incredible super foods, absolutely delicious and a real crowd pleaser!
This video is Part I: How to make the perfect cheesecake crust. It’s full in flavor and nutrients, and pairs with just about any filling. But for a delightfully seasonal treat, head over to TheVegetarianBaker to find his DELICIOUS filling.
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheese Cake Crust Recipe
- 1½ cups mixed, toasted nuts (I prefer a mix of pecans, brazil and walnuts)
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup hemp seeds (I like Hemp Hearts)
- 8 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut shreds
- Optional: Cinnamon and/or vanilla extract to taste
- Line a pie dish with parchment paper
- Place all the ingredients except for the coconut shreds in a food processor – process until the mixture resembles course sand.
- Sprinkle the coconut shreds all over the bottom of the pie dish.
- Press the crust mix into the pie dish.
- Make sure you press it down firmly with your fingers.
- If using that day, freeze for a couple of hours so that it sets. You can store for up to 2 months on in the freezer. Take it out about 30 minutes before using.
- Add The Vegetarian Baker’s Pumpkin “Cheese” Cake Filling.
Pumpkin “Cheese” Cake Filling Recipe
- Sugar Pumpkin | 2 Cups, Shredded & Soaked Overnight
- Cashews | 1 1/4 Cups, Soaked Overnight
- Dates | 1 Cup, Soaked Overnight
- Nut Milk | 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice | 1 Tsp
- Vanilla Bean | 1 ea
- Ground Cinnamon | 1 Tsp
- Group Nutmeg | 1/4 Tsp
- Ground Allspice | 1/4 Tsp
- Ground Ginger | 1/4 Tsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Coconut Oil | 1/4 Cup, Melted
- Vegan Whipped Cream for Garnish: http://bit.ly/
- Crust Recipe:
- Make sure to soak your shredded pumpkin, dates, and cashews overnight.
- Place all ingredients in to a blender or food processor, minus the coconut oil. Blend until smooth for 60 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil last, blend for 15 more seconds.
- Pour your cheesecake filling into your crust. Tap against the counter top in order to remove any air bubbles.
- Place your cheesecake into the freezer for 24 hours or until completely set.
- Before enjoying, remove your cheesecake from the freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. It should be easy to slice with a warmed knife.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and a dash of ground cinnamon.
If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via Twitter or Instagram (@sophieuliano & #gorgeousforgood)
1 thought on “Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake”
Pingback: The Perfect Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake