I am so excited to share my perfect vegan holiday meal with you. Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, here are some simple, delicious plant-based recipes to see you through the holidays. These recipes are so great, even a meat-eater will love them! The most important thing I can tell you is: you do not have to be unhealthy during the holidays. There are plenty of tricks to keep even your favorite recipes “healthy,” if you prepare! So take a look at the video above, and get ready for some amazing recipes below.
Now, this is a long video, so I’ve tried to indicate below when in the video I’m covering each dish
00:24 – Vegan mashed potatoes
05:39 – Field Roast
07:11 – Vegan mushroom gravy
17:21 – Roasted veggies
20:24 – Low-sugar cranberry sauce
24:10 – English peas (I know, I’m British)
Super important: Great cookware is the secret to ANY holiday meal. I’m using 360 Cookware, because it is the safest, fastest, easiest cookware I’ve found to date. Here are some links for great 360 Cookware Deals:
– 360 Cookware is offering my audience an amazing deal on their 1-quart saucepan. $49.99 (regularly $149.00) // http://bit.ly/2DZGYam
– Here’s another amazing deal on their 3-quart saucepan. $99.00 (reg. $199.00) // http://bit.ly/2DDqiV1
– For all other 360 Cookware products, here’s a link // http://bit.ly/2UeTq8U and use the code SOPHIE20 for even more discounts!
Field Roast Celebration Roast // http://bit.ly/2zPPeEC
Don’t forget you can adopt a turkey via Farm Sanctuary // http://bit.ly/2RPWyaD
Gardein Holiday Roasts // http://bit.ly/2QG5IX7
MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE
– 8 ounces of brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
– A handful of dried mushrooms (optional) – soaked in warm water for an hour, then chopped
– 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil or 2-3 tbsp veggie broth
– 1 small onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tbsp sherry
– 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
– 2-3 cups of veggie broth (depending on how thick you want your gravy + 1 cup of water from soaked mushrooms (if using)
– 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce
– 1 tsp aged Balsamic vinegar (optional)
– Ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
– Heat the oil or broth in a saucepan
– Add onions and fry off until soft.
– Add garlic and fry for another minute.
– Add sherry
– Add mushrooms. Add a little veggie broth if it feels to dry. Fry for about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
– Stir in the flour and make sure it’s well combined
– Add the broth and the remaining ingredients.
– Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat so that gravy is simmering. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
– Transfer to a blender and blend until desired consistency.
VEGAN MASHED POTATOES
– 2 large Russet potatoes or 4 large Yukon gold (Yukon gold are better if you can get them because they are waxier, so make for a richer texture)
– 1.5 cups of cauliflower florets
– 1 tbsp vegan spread (I like Earth Balance)
– Salt and pepper to taste.
– Boil your potatoes and florets until fork tender
– Add your vegan spread, and either mash or blend, depending on your texture preference
– Season with salt and pepper to taste
LOW SUGAR CRANBERRY SAUCE
– 8 ounces of fresh, organic cranberries (picked over)
– ½ cup water
– 1 tbsp orange zest
– ¼ – ½ cup Maple syrup or 1 tbsp of Erythritol // https://amzn.to/2B30W0b