I have to say that when I indulge in a pancake, it has to be banana all the way. I love the way banana caramalizes in the pan to make a dessert like breakfast – right?? I also love to serve my chocolate banana coconut pancakes super warm with tons of different toppings, such as toasted nuts and seeds, coconut shreds, sliced banana, and even vegan chocolate sauce.
- 1 banana, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free pancake mix (I love Pamela’s)
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar or Just Like Sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted + 1 tbsp for frying
*Mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seed with 6 tbsp of warm water. Leave to set up for 5-10 minutes before using as you would an egg
- Simply place all the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a Cast Iron skillet until it bubbles. Fry your pancakes in this delicious oil.
- When done, top with an indulgent dusting of Muscovado Sugar, toasted walnuts, organic berries, and if you’re feeling really decadent, some vegan chocolate sauce.