There’s never been a more important time to focus on your immune system. I’ve created 6 tips for you to strengthen your immune system naturally. By putting these tips into practice now, you’ll be practicing preventative healthcare. As we head into this chilly season, don’t delay! Empower yourself with these simple and powerful lifestyle practices to make sure you’re covered.
- Stress Less! Ask yourself this powerful question: How can I find pockets of peace and calm in my day? Then grab a pen and notepad, and begin writing. Try to come up with at least 5 ways that you can move towards your goal. I invite you to move out of the problem (heightened stress), and into the solution. Too often we don’t get past the “I’m stressed!!!!” emotional state. And if we keep repeating this to ourselves, it just gets worse. When you pose a powerful question to yourself (as outlined above), your subconscious will get to work. Here’s what I came up with: meditate in the morning before I open my phone or computer, take slow rhythmic breaths when I feel the stress ramping up, go for a long walk without my phone, and read a book at night instead of watching the news.
- Berry It Up! As a nutritionist, I’m constantly on the lookout for immune-boosting foods. Berries still top my list. I recommend filling your smoothie or topping your oatmeal with berries. Buy frozen organic berries. The best berries for immunity include wild blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, and elderberries.
- Recuperate! Most of us need 7-8 hours of sleep a night in order for our body to recuperate and heal. If you don’t get enough sleep, this can weaken your immune system over time. I recommend going to bed 30 – 60 minutes earlier than you usually do. Get into your bed with a good book (a hard copy is better than a reading device), and read until you feel sleepy. If you suffer from occasional sleeplessness, try taking a Natrol® Melatonin supplement.† I like Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve because it’s a 100% drug-free sleep aid, and you don’t need water to take it!
- Exercise Daily! It’s easy to let up on daily exercise when it’s cold outside, but don’t! Many studies confirm that daily exercise improves immune regulation. I recommend at least 30 minutes of moderate to intense exercise daily. My favorite indoor exercises include resistance band workouts and my trusty rebounder.
- Love Your Gut! Your gut health is everything when it comes to immunity. You simply cannot maintain good health with impaired gut health. So what is good gut health? It means that you have enough good bacteria in your gut. How do you encourage the growth of good bacteria? You need to make sure your diet contains prebiotics (plant-based fiber). And it can help to introduce some probiotics too. I highly recommend Natrol® Immune-Biotic. This handy formulation contains both pre and probiotics and comes in easy, single-serving packets for when you’re on the go. And you don’t even need water. The delicious orange-flavored crystals melt in your mouth. And while you’re at it, Natrol® has an Immunity Care Package, which contains the Immune-Biotic, Zinc, Vitamin D3, and Melatonin. I highly recommend grabbing this package to make sure you’re confidently covered on all fronts because Zinc and Vitamin D3 are critical when it comes to you keeping your immune system strong.†
- LOL! Laughter is the best medicine. How great do you feel when you have a really good belly laugh with family and friends. It’s a massive release, right? In stressful times, we can forget to laugh. How can you find at least one thing a day to make you laugh? Is it a conversation with a friend with whom you love to laugh? Is it a silly movie? Or a book? My book suggestions for 2020 are Wow, no thank you by Samantha Irby, and Calypso by David Sedaris.
This post is sponsored by Natrol, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
|†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|