Did you know that November is Healthy Skin month? It totally is, which is why I want to make it really easy for you by giving you my 4 Steps to Healthy & Gorgeous skin.
- Sunscreen like crazy! You still need to use broad-spectrum sunscreen over the winter months because you are still getting UV rays, which are the damaging rays. I know you’ve heard it till you’re blue in the face, but use an SPF 25 mineral sunscreen on your face, neck and chest daily.
- Retinoids: Use a retinol product starting at least in your early thirties. Retinol products help to thicken your skin, which thins as you age. It will also help to build your collagen and elastin.
- Antioxidents: Flood your skin with anti-oxidants on a daily basis. Look for ingredients such as Vitamin C and E, Co-Q10, copper, and beta carotene. I also love natural antioxidants such as green tea, pomegranate, Reishi mushroom, coffee berries, grape seeds, and olive oil.
- Moisturize correctly: Look for moisturizers with hyaluronic acid, which helps to plump up your skin and lock the moisture in for hours. I recommend avoiding mineral oils, which are the main ingredient of a bunch of really expensive moisturizers. It’s a cheap ingredient, which doesn’t nourish your skin. Instead, look for formulations that use butters such as shea or mango butter, and cold-pressed plant oils.
- Use Peptides: There is so much promising research about the efficacy of peptides in anti-aging skincare. I recommend finding a brand that uses peptides in a non-toxic formulation, such as Gavee Gold.