This is one my daughter’s favorite dishes. It is vegan comfort food at it’s best. Whenever anyone in my home is feeling under the weather they always request my Grits Marinara Bowl. It was inspired by my husband whose nickname was “Grits Marinara” as a kid because his father was Italian and his mother Southern Baptist. He was raised in Dublin, GA, where they ate a combo of good southern food, and delicious Italian food.
Now this dish is EASY. I definitely cheat by using store bought Marinara sauce (unless I’ve time to make my own), and store bought vegan pesto. The only thing I make from scratch is the cashew cream because it’s so easy to do.
1 cup corn grits
3 cups veggie broth
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 cup organic Marinara sauce
2 tbsp vegan pesto
2 tbsp cashew cream
2 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- Cook the grits according to package directions using the veggie broth. Add seasonings
- Heat the Marinara sauce in a small saucepan.
- Wilt the spinach or saute the spinach
- Pour the grits into each bowl.
- Top with Marinara sauce, cashew cream, pesto, and a fork or two of wilted spinach.