As you probably know, I’m a huge fan of Matcha Green Tea* because it is one of the best super foods you can eat. Matcha Green Tea is when the whole leaf is ground into an Emerald powder. It is extremely high in anti-oxidants and full of fiber. I am also a big fan of Chia Seeds because they are so high in Omega 3’s. So, ladies and gents, I’ve created the ultimate breakfast bowl using my MatchaSource Tea. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
* Make sure you purchase high quality Matcha Green tea from Japan. I love the Matcha from Matcha Source, and for cooking I recommend purchasing the less expensive Cafe grade.
Matcha & Chia Breakfast Bowl
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tsp Matcha powder
- 4 tbsp low fat yogurt (vegans can use coconut yogurt)
- 2 tsp Raw Agave Nectar 0r Raw honey
- A handful of toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit (I love to use organic berries, Kiwi and/or banana)
- Soak the chia seeds in the water for about 1 hour – the chia seeds will swell and absorb all the water.
- Mix the Matcha Green Tea into the chia.
- Mix in the yogurt and the Agave/honey.
- Top with the fruit and nuts
- If you make more than you can eat. Simply store for 1 day in a covered bowl (without fruits and nuts).
For a daily weekly recipe, make sure you are subscribed to my Weekly Dose Of Goodness!