Ok guys, this is Part I of a three-part video collaboration I’m doing with the LOVELY Ashley from Ashley’s Green Life. We’re each making this base sunscreen, and then we’ll both customize!! Next week, I’m making a Rose Vitamin C customized recipe, and Ashley is customizing this base for kids!!
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 9-10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 tbsp chamomile tea
- 1 tsp bees wax pellets
- 4 heaping tbsp of non-nano zinc oxide
- A container
- Melt your shea butter, sweet almond oil, sesame oil and bees wax pellets in a double boiler, whisking for consistency.
- Once melted, remove double boiler from heat and pour tea slowly (very slowly) into your melted base, whisking consistently
- Add your Vitamin E oil and Lavender Essential Oil, whisk
- Add your non-nano zinc oxide and whisk
- Pour your sunscreen into a container, OR stay tuned and customize your sunscreen next week!
Pro tip: Keep your sunscreen in the fridge to extend its shelf life, and use something other than your finger to scoop it out to keep the sunscreen free of bacteria. And remember to reapply every 2 hours!!