I love this cashew “cheese” dip – It’s so satisfying, and honestly, I love to have this dip with some chopped veggies and pita. It’s a major crowd-pleaser, and I know you’re going to love it too! It’s an all purpose cheese sauce too. You can spice it up to suit any dish you are making: I love to add 1/2 tsp of chipotle seasoning for Mexican cuisine, or add 1 tbsp of fresh basil leaves for Italian cuisine.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1.5 – 4 cups filtered water (less for a thick cream, and more for a thinner cream)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp of Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of sea salt (salt according to your taste)
- Couple of grinds of black pepper
- Rinse cashews and place in high speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredient, however, start with just 1.5 cups of water and keep adding as you blend to reach desired consistency.
- Add in extra seasonings as desired (such as chipotle, Italian seasoning etc) and blend for another few seconds.
- Pour into air tight container with lid and chill until ready to use.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can freeze it for up to one month.