This is my favorite healing, cleansing, and detoxifying Winter soup. It is warming, spicy, and so satisfying that you’ll want to make a massive batch, and freeze half of it. My Turmeric Carrot Lentil Soup is a great way of getting a shot of beautiful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant compounds into your lovely bod!
- 1 tbsp grape seed, avocado, or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 inch turmeric root, peeled and minced (or 1 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4 large carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups veggie broth
- Micro greens or parsley for topping
- 1 cup soaked raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Dump all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Add the onions and fry until soft
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric and seasonings. Fry for a further 3 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the carrots and lentils
- Add the broth.
- Cover the pan, and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender, or regular blender to blend. If you use a high speed blender, be sure to remove the insert in the lid and cover with a dish cloth to avoid the whole thing exploding!
- Serve with a swirl of cashew cream, and top with micro greens or chopped parsley.