Check out my top 10 disease-fighting foods to decrease inflammation, lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, and boost your immune system. All these foods can be found at a relatively low cost at your local grocery store. I know in the case of the panic in terms of food shortages right now, you may not be able to get all of these foods, but worry not, they will be back in stock soon.
My top disease-fighting foods are …
- Cruciferous vegetables (kale, cauliflower, broccoli, bok choy, etc.), particularly broccoli sprouts
- Tomatoes (fresh or canned organic)
- Bright orange vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- Alliums (onions, garlic, etc.)
- Fruits and berries (fresh or frozen, but I do recommend buying wild and organic)
Which of these foods needs to be organic? This year’s EWG Dirty Dozen List says that out of the veggies that I’ve listed above, the following should be organic if possible:
But if you cannot find them organic, I’d rather you eat the conventional than not eat them at all.