Pumpkin Spice Almond Muffins
I love any kind of pumpkin spice baking: muffins, loaf, pancakes, waffles – the list goes on (try my Pumpkin Orzo)!! And my prized ingredient for all of the above is almond flour. It lends a lighter texture and a “buttery” taste to my pumpkin spice almond muffins.
I always have to add a little warning when I publish a vegan baking recipe because vegan baking doesn’t rise as well as when you are using eggs. I’ve tried everything to get the same rise, and haven’t found it to date (totally open to suggestions). But, I’ve come to expect a different texture and rise now, and thusly I’m never disappointed.
I hope you enjoy these little Pumpkin Spice Almond Flour Muffins. They’re delicious as an afternoon snack, or even for breakfast. And they make a great snack for kids.
Pumpkin Spice Almond Flour Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of date syrup or Yacon Syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- To a small dish, add ground flaxseed and 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons water then stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- To a large bowl, add mashed banana, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla then stir with a fork to combine. Add thickened flaxseed mixture then stir to combine. Sprinkle the next 5 ingredients – almond flour through salt – on top then stir until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of hemp heart on top of each muffin
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until tops are browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins sit in the tin for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool.