I could wax poetic about my love of green smoothies for hours. To me, the perfect day starts with blue skies, a morning yoga practice, and the biggest green smoothie I can carry. They are one of the best ways to introduce a ton of nutrients to your body first thing in the morning. They’re also deeply energizing, and leave you satisfied for hours.
One of the benefits of green smoothies is that you can hide some “grassy” flavors with the right ingredients. For instance, the unfiltered apple juice and pineapple in this smoothie can help “mask” the greens + chlorella tastes, while still giving you a satisfying savory flavor.
For those of you who fear the “grass clippings” flavor of some of the greener smoothies, fear not. This recipe was created with you in mind.
- 2 c. baby greens (spinach, kale, chard)
- 2 oz organic unfiltered apple juice
- 1 tsp chlorella
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 oz Real Coco Aloe (Taste Nirvana)
- 1/2 c. frozen pineapple
- Add all ingredients to your blender, and blend until smooth.
- Optional, add crushed ice for additional hydration
I’m giving away a Vitamix 5200 Blender!! Be sure to enter!!