At the Uliano house, we eat this soup at least once per week. It’s a major crowd-pleaser, and it is SO EASY so it’s a Sophie pleaser too. The best part is that if you make a double batch, it freezes perfectly for a whole food, plant-based dinner that’s ready ANY time. If you’re new to a vegan diet, this recipe is a must-do – Plus, it’s oil-free! For all of us who are trying to be heart-healthy, this No-Oil Lentil and Bell Pepper Soup rocks.
So, I’m using my favorite pans in the world to make this sauce – 360 Cookware. You MUST read up on this amazing company. For a limited time, they’re offering YOU 20% off your entire order. Click the link below, and use the code SOPHIE20 at checkout! And, 360 Cookware has an amazing deal exclusively for my community. Use the code TryMe2020 at checkout to get 360 Cookware’s AMAZING 2-quart saucepan for just $69. That’s $120 off the regular price!!
No-Oil Lentil and Bell Pepper Soup Ingredients
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp low-sodium veggie broth
- 1.5 cup red lentils
- 3-4 cups veggie broth, based on your soup preference
- 1.5 bell peppers, halved, deseeded and slow-roasted
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pop the onion, celery, and carrot in a large saucepan with veggie broth, and “sauté” for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Turn down heat low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth.