There are many different ways to take care of your skin, but I believe a healthy, anti-aging routine should include the following steps. I have included some product recommendations here (cos I knew you would ask!!).
- Cleanse with a brightening, purifying cleanser containing natural acids and enzymes, such as One Love Organic’s Vitamin B Enzyme Cleanser or MyChelle’s Refining Sugar Scrub.
- Feed with an antioxidant and vitamin serum, such as goPure Natural’s Vitamin C Serum or Intelligent Nutrient’s Time Traveler Serum.
- Boost with collagen-building, protective vitamins, antioxidants and peptides, such as Gavée Gold’s Liquid Gold Peptides.
- Hydrate with a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid along with other proactive ingredients, such as Tata Harper’s Rebuilding Moisturizer.
- I also recommend a lovely toner or mist at this point for extra moisture. I love Chandanni’s Uplift Toner and Atomizer (be sure to use the code sophie15 for 15% off sitewide at checkout). And you can also use this product to set your makeup.
- Protect with a mineral sunscreen (SPF 30-40), such as Badger’s Damascus Rose Face Sunscreen or Suntegrity’s “5-in-1” Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen.
And don’t forget to hydrate your lips with a really great balm, like Erin’s Faces Organic Peppermint Lipbalm.
Order of Application
After cleansing, it’s important that you apply the rest of your products in the right order. The most active ingredient goes on first. Here is a list of the most active ingredients in descending order:
1. Vitamin C product (in the morning) or retinol product (at night)
2. Peptide firming/lightening product (morning and night)
3. Antioxidant and other botanic actives (morning and night)
4. Protect with your moisturizer and sunscreen
- Two-step cleanse with an emulsifying, makeup-melting cleanser or micellar water, followed by your brightening cleanser. I recommend: inVitamin Cleansing Micellar Water, Sunshine Botanical’s Detox Pre-Cleanse, and goPure Natural’s Vitamin C Cleanser.
- Boost collagen production with your retinol products applied straight onto cleansed skin. I recommend PureCeutical’s Retinol & Lactic Acid Resurfacing Treatment.
- Feed your skin with your antioxidant- and/or peptide-packed serum. I recommend Gavée Gold’s Peptide Serum.
- Hydrate with your moisturizer. I recommend Intelligent Nutrient’s Revitalizing Moisture Cream.
- Twice each week exfoliate with a brush and/or a mechanical exfoliating agent, such as Gentle Almond & Lavender Face Scrub by Kimberly Sayer.
- Once each week do a mask or peel for extra exfoliation and nourishment. I recommend MyChelle’s Perfect C Pro Speed Peel.
- At your discretion, try a mask, such as Instant Lift & Firm Hydro Serum Facial Mask by Andalou Naturals (be sure to use the code sophie25 at checkout for an additional 25% off sitewide) and Bright Eyes Mask by 100% Pure.
The two must-have’s for glowing skin, and sweet smelling pits are:
Schmidt’s Rose + Vanilla Deodorant – obsessed!!!!