Grilled Peaches with Coconut Yogurt and Toasted Almonds is honestly my all-time favorite summer dessert recipe. It’s one of those desserts that is so darn healthy too – so you have TOTAL satisfaction after a lovely evening dinner. They are also perfect to serve for a cookout (cos you’ve got the grill all fired up already).
Do make sure that your peaches are organic because peaches are on EWG’s Dirty Dozen list. I always get mine from the farmers market.
To Serve 4
- 4 large ripe peaches (you don’t want them too soft because you won’t get a clean cut – ripe but firm is the way to go).
- 1 tbsp of vegan spread like Earth Balance, melted
- 4 tbsp unsweetened coconut yogurt (I love So Delicious)
- 1/4 cup toasted almond pieces
- A drizzle of raw honey (optional)
- Heat up your grill or griddle to low-medium heat (you don’t want licking flames)
- Cut your peaches in half and remove stone
- Brush all over with vegan spread
- Place skin side down on grill and close the grill (if you have a hood) for about 3 – 4 minutes. Turn peaches over for 2 minutes so you get a nice griddle mark on them.
- Use a sharp metal spatula to remove.
- Place on a pretty serving dish, and spoon yogurt into each dip. Sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with honey.