These crunchy turmeric pumpkin seeds might just be the most healthy snack on Earth! Pumpkin seeds my friends are SO darn healthy. They contain the important minerals, magnesium and manganese, copper, protein and zinc. They also contain plant compounds known as phytosterols and free-radical scavenging antioxidants, which can mitigate cellular damage from aging.
The added benefit of my Turmeric, Coconut & Lime Pumpkin seeds is that they contain turmeric, which is highly anti-inflammatory – a must-have daily supplement for practically everyone.
- 1.5 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 F
- Place pumpkin seeds in a small bowl
- Whisk up all the ingredients and pour over pumpkin seeds. Stir well with wooden spoon to make sure that all the seeds are well-coated.
- Spread the seeds over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Keep in an airtight bag for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy your tasty crunchy turmeric pumpkin seeds snack on the go or whenever your in the mood for a delicious snack!
For more Gorgeously Green recipes delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!