My Vegan Artichoke Queso Dip is beyond perfect for a cook-out or family/friend gathering. Yes, my friends – artichokes are in season, so see if you can grab a few. I got mine from the backyard, and not only are they delicious on their own, but they also make a beautiful and unique dipping bowl for chips and/or the artichoke leaves.
If you can’t find Artichokes, you can always just make the Queso dip, and serve with chips.
Remember Artichokes are very healthy, they are a good source of folate, dietary fiber, and vitamins C and K. Artichokes are also packed with antioxidants; they’re number 7 on the USDA’s top 20 antioxidant-rich foods list.
- 2 large Artichokes
- 2tsp salt
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours, or overnight)
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp chipotle paste (or more if you want it extra smokin!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- Fill a large stockpot with water and the salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the Artichokes and boil for 15 – 20 minutes, drain and leave to cool
- Meanwhile, drain the cashews from soaking water and place them in a high speed blender with all the other ingredients (except the paprika). Blend until smooth.
- Pull all the inner leaves out of the artichokes. Use a teaspoon to gouge out the the little furry thistles. Carefully scoop out the heart, and toss it in the blender*. Pulse the blender a couple of times. I like little chunks of artichoke in my dip.
- Spoon the dip into the hollow, and sprinkle with paprika. You are ready to serve as it, or you could add some organic corn chips.
- Enjoy your vegan artichoke queso dip
*If you are not using the artichokes, you can always blend a couple of marinated artichoke hearts (from a jar) into the dip instead.
For more Gorgeously Green recipes delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!