You can only choose 10 of the foods from this image, so which 1o would you pick? It’s obviously a game, because you can eat as many of them as you like, but if it’s interesting to figure out your top 10. Since different foods contain different nutrients, it’s important to change things up, and introduce variety into your diet. But whatever you choose from this image will help to strengthen your immune system considerably. It’s useful to decide which are your top superfoods for colds and flu this season.
Here are my top 10 (because I eat them everyday!)
- Garlic – it’s such a powerful immune-booster, that I try to eat raw garlic everyday. I add it to dressings and vegan mayo. I also add it to cooked foods too.
- Berries – full of anti-oxidants and vitamins. I always buy them organic.
- Kiwi – Kiwi fruits have been shown to reduce the duration of the common cold. They also help with insomnia. I recommend eating 2 a day during cold season
- Turmeric: It’s great for immunity, and important in protecting your brain. Try making Golden Milk with Gaia Herbs amazing mix.
- Ginger: I add an inch of peeled ginger to my lemon hot water in the morning as soon as it gets cold outside.
- Pumpkin Seeds: I roast them and eat them as a snack as they are full of immune-boosting zinc.
- Cranberry Juice is full of immune boosting vitamins. But it must be unsweetened. You can also add frozen cranberries to your morning smoothie.
- Oregano: I use oregano (fresh) liberally on as many dishes as I can because it contains anti-viral compounds.
- Raw Honey is so delicious when added to practically anything, but if you have a sore throat, a little hot water, lemon, ginger, and raw honey will put you right.
- Onions – I cook with them almost everyday. Even if you don’t like raw onions, make sure you use them as a base for all your stews, soups, pasta sauces and more.