Golden Milk has been trending for the past few years. What exactly is it? It’s basically some kind of milk (usually plant-based), which is infused with turmeric. Most of us now understand the incredible health benefits of turmeric: anti-inflammatory, immune boosting etc. It really is a spice that we all need to be eating on a daily basis. And if you know you have inflammation in your body by way of an autoimmune disease, or arthritis – double up. It’s usually recommended that you take about ¼ tsp of ground turmeric a day (with a pinch of black pepper for better absorption). You can also take a capsule. However, I happen to think that my Golden Mylk is the most delicious way to get your daily turmeric.
The recipe calls for any plant-based milk you like, however, my homemade almond milk takes this to the next level.
I added hemp seeds to my milk to give it extra protein.
- 1 cup of raw almonds, soaked overnight
- Approx 3 cups of filtered water
- Rinse the almonds and toss them in the blender with the water.
- Blend on high for a minute
- Strain through a nut milk bag.
- 24 oz of Almond Mylk
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1- 2 inches fresh turmeric root or 1 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup shelled hemp seeds
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend for about 60 seconds. Enjoy warm or chilled!