This is the time of year that I get soup-obsessed so I decided to try out a recipe for rainbow chard coconut soup. It’s so deeply satisfying to stir a huge steaming stockpot of nutritious soup, while listening to some killer music. I just made a new iTunes playlist entitled “Soup Stirring” and I whack up the volume while I chop away at all the beautiful root veggies that arrive in my weekly organic box. One of the many things I love about soup is that it’s incredibly quick & easy to make, and for the most part is the most budget-friendly meal you can serve.
This Rainbow Chard And Coconut Soup is super-easy, super-healthy, and super-inexpensive!
This recipe serve four to six people.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped rainbow chard (stalks removed)
- 1 cup chopped kale (stalks removed)
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 16-ounce can coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chard, kale, stock, and coconut milk, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Enjoy your rainbow chard coconut soup!
For more Gorgeously Green recipes delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!