My Pumpkin Golden Latte is my favorite drink for the Fall. It’s warming, spicy, and naturally sweet. It also contains anti-inflammatory ingredients, and tons of vitamins and minerals. Even using good quality and expensive ingredients, it’s less expensive that all the sugary/cream-laden drinks you find at the coffee shop.
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 tsp unsweetened organic pumpkin puree (I’m using the stuff from the can)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder with a pinch of black pepper (this helps with absorption)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice powder*
- 1-2 shots of espresso or coffee substitute such as dandy (https://goo.gl/zd82j2)
- 1/4 tsp Reishi Mushroom Powder (I get mine from Jing Herbs: https://goo.gl/rdtmHj)
- About 1 cup steamed plant-based milk (I’m using almond)
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on top
*To make your own pumpkin spice mix, you’ll need 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves. Mix the spices together in a small bowl and take a little whiff.
Toss all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend for about one minute until the mixture becomes hot and foamy! Pour into glass and top with cinnamon.