When it’s as hot as it is, we come back home and out feet feel terrible – sweaty and sometimes almost a size larger than they really are! I love to immerse my feet in this anti-bacterial, DIY cooling foot soak. When we soak our feet, it soothes our entire nervous system. Try it out…and while you’re soaking, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, elongating your inhale and your exhale.
It’s also a great foot soak for teens, especially after sports. It helps to minimize fungal foot infections.
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- A large bowl of tepid (slightly warm) water. (I you have a foot soak bowl, great. If not, you can use a washing-up bowl or even your tub. If you do use the tub, fill it with about 5 inches of water and triple the ingredient amounts.
- When you’ve finished soaking your feet for about 5 minutes. Dry your feet well and ideally massage with the following oil, which you can store in a small dark, glass bottle. (If you don’t have all the essential oils, just add 8 drops of your peppermint essential oil to the sweet almond oil).
- 5 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 6 drops lemon grass essential oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil