There are so many times when we feel like a treat – either mid-afternoon, or even just before bed, but we try to stay out of the cookie jar or the freezer. But now I have a solution for you! Make your way straight to the freezer for one of my Wellness Pops – (I have pops for digestive issues, sleep problems, and even detox after a few too many rich desserts!)
Probiotic Happy Belly Popsicles
This is a great way to consume a powerful punch of probiotics, which will keep your gut (the foundation of good health) in optimum shape.
Makes 4 popsicles
- 1.5 cups tropical fruit puree (blend 1 frozen banana, ½ cup frozen pineapple and ½ cup of frozen mango)
- 2 cups unsweetened plain Kefir (either regular or non-dairy.
- 2 tsp Probiotic powder
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional because the pops are pretty sweet without)
Mix the probiotic powder into the Kefir.
Layer the fruit puree and the yogurt in alternate layers. Or you can blend all the ingredients without layering.
Beet Berry Detox Popsicle
Beets are the best detox veggie on the market because they help to detox your liver, which is your main organic of detoxification. If you don’t love beet juice, here’s a delicious pop that you’ll want to eat everyday.
Makes 4 pops
- Approx¼ cup freshly squeezed beet juice
- 1 cup mixed organic frozen berries
- Approx ½ cup filtered water
- 1tbsp maple syrup (optional)
Blend all ingredients. Pour into molds and freeze overnight
Sleepy Time Pop
Eating too late at night can interrupt your whole night’s sleep. I recommend closing the kitchen down at least 2 hours before bed, EXCEPT for this sweet pop, which will help you to sleep. Chamomile is soothing and calmative, and kiwi has the science behind it to show that is will not only help you to get to sleep, but sleep longer, and deeper.
- Approx 1 cup chamomile tea (1 tea bag in 1 cup of boiling water)
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Marigold or Nasturtium flowers (optional
Steep the tea bag for 3 – 5 minutes. Remove and stir in honey. Allow it to cool.
Pour the chilled tea into molds. Add slices of kiwi and flowers. Freeze overnight.