My favorite time to do an all-over body exfoliation is in my morning shower. I love to get out of the hot water feeling cleansed, refreshed and ready to face the day. This easy-to-make salt scrub would cost you well over thirty bucks in a high end boutique, but you can make it for a few dollars. It would also make a wonderful Mother’s Day gift.
I have used pink Himalayan Salt because it contains a plethora of minerals, and helps with circulation. It is the perfect salt for a salt scrub. I have chosen to use Geranium Essential oil because it is skin-loving and uplifting. It also pairs beautifully with the grapefruit zest.
Rise & Shine Himalayan Salt Scrub
- 1 mason jar (24 ounce)
- Mason jar sleeve(optional, but great idea for safety because you will likely keep your jar in the shower).
- 24 ounces of Himalayan Salt
- 40 drops of Geranium essential oil
- Zest of one grapefruit
- Approx 1.5 – 2 cups of sweet almond or grape seed oil
- Pour your salt into the Mason jar. There should be at least an inch head space.
- Add your essential oil and citrus zest. Use a bamboo stick or skewer to mix in well.
- Slowly pour your oil into the jar.
- Use the stick to carefully mix all the ingredients together. The consistency should be like wet sand, so adjust the amount of oil you are adding accordingly.
Storage & Use:
If you are not using your scrub right away, store it in the fridge. If not keep it in the bathroom and use twice weekly.
Tip: Great to use before self-tanning or spray tan.