These “OMG” Jam Tarts are insanely indulgent and a great afternoon or mid-morning treat. They are beyond nutty, and totally gluten-free. Jam Tarts remind me of being a child because a Jam Tart with a glass of milk was an after-school treat. Although my “OMG” Jam Tarts are way healthier than what I scarfed down as a child, they are every bit as delicious.
I am a huge fan of baking with almond meal because it gives a light, “buttery” texture to baked goods. I also wanted to use oats because they are so heart-healthy, and a great source of fiber.
Warning: When these Jam Tarts come out of the oven, that the jam has just settled down from bubbling, you will SO badly want to eat one because they smell insane. But wait!!!! I was too impatient, and badly burned my tongue.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, processed into a fine flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Your favorite low-sugar jam (jelly) I’m used Crofter’s Jelly because, well because I ‘m obsessed with it.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the ground oats, oats, almond meal, salt and tapioca starch in a large mixing bowl, and combine well.
- Heat the coconut oil and maple syrup in a heavy saucepan until all is melted. Remove from heat and pour into the oat mixture. Use a wooden spoon to combine really well.
- Using your hands (it gets very messy but way better than fiddling around with a spoon), scoop out balls the size of a ping pong ball. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press a dent into each ball with a cork, and fill with 1/2 tsp of jam.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until top of each tart is just beginning to brown, and jam is bubbling down the edges!