If you’re tired of over-sweet baked good that don’t make you feel great, try baking a batch of this light, healthy banana bread. It’s perfect for breakfast or an afternoon tea. It’s gluten-free, low in sugar, and contains zero dairy (it does contain eggs).
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond meal
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp ground golden flax seed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the eggs, bananas, coconut oil, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the dry ingredients, and pulse until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan, and bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until skewer or thin knife comes out clean.
- Keep in sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.