Today I’m showing you how to make your own holiday gem stone soaps. I’m OBSESSED with this DIY – It is so fun (it’s great to do with kids), and the end product is so wonderful because you’re using essential oils! You’re going to LOVE how these turn out!
– Mango Butter Melt & Pour Base
– SLS-free Clear Glycerin Base
– Green or Red Soap Dye
– Gold or Silver Mica Powder (optional)
– Peppermint or Pine essential oil
– Plastic or glass bowls/containers for melting soaps
– Soap molds or plastic cups
– Small sprayer bottle of alcohol
- If you are creating 3 different layers in your gem soaps, set out 3 bowls, containers.
- Cut the Melt & Pour soaps you are using into squares (they come in big blocks)
- Place squares of glycerin soap in bowls 1 & 2, and mango soap squares in bowl 3.
- In the microwave, melt bowl 1 soap. Add about 2 drops of soap dye, and 1/2 tsp of essential oil.
- Pour into mold or plastic cup, filling it about half way. Spray with alcohol spray. Leave to set up for about one hour.
- Melt second bowl of glycerin soap. Add about 4 drops of soap dye. Pour into the molds or cups, leaving about 1/4 inch head space. Leave to set up for thirty minutes.
- Melt the Mango soap, add the black soap dye. Pour into the molds or cups, right up to the top. Leave for an hour to set up.
- Remove soap from molds. If you are using plastic cups, remove the soap from the cup and use a sharp knife to cut angles into the soaps to make it look like a rock.