My coconut chia sugar-free, gluten-free muffins are a healthy and sweet take on a lemon poppy seed muffin. They are moist, succulent and delicious served warm for a breakfast over the holidays. They are not dairy-free, but you can always adjust by using egg replacer and nut milk instead of the kefir.
Yields approx 6-8 medium muffins
- 2 cups Pamela’s Artisan gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup Xylitol
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup kefir, yogurt or nut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper cups
- Toss all the ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup right up to the top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store in a resealable bag overnight or freeze for up to 3 months. They are best served warm.
For all my latest recipes, DIY’s, How To’s, and videos, make sure you are subscribed to my weekly newsletter, which will come you way every Tuesday morning.