I am so excited to welcome Dr. Brooke Goldner to today’s video. Dr. Goldner is famous for her book “Goodbye Lupus,” which she penned after she beat her own Lupus diagnosis through a whole foods, plant-based diet (aka, a vegan diet). Today, Dr. Goldner is showing us her favorite green smoothie recipe. I’ve been drinking green smoothies for years, but this recipe is hands down the best vegan green smoothie recipe I’ve tried to date. I’ve integrated it into my morning practice, and will never look back. Check out the recipe below! And visit http://www.veganmedicaldoctor.com/ to learn more about Dr. Goldner.
You’ll need a high-powered blender for this smoothie. Partially because you’ll need the speed, but also you’ll need a larger container (this makes enough smoothie to last two meals, or two days).
1. Pack your blender with power greens (kale, spinach, collards or a blend), until is 3/4 of the way full. And REALLY pack it in there.
2. Add a ripe banana (the more ripe, the sweeter the flavor)
3. Add whole flax seeds (about 3 tbsps)
4. Add frozen fruit to taste (I like frozen mango, pineapple and peaches)
5. Add water (or coconut water) til the top of the greens
6. Blend REALLY well and enjoy