I LOVE this recipe – Straight from Meghan Telpner’s new book, The Undiet Cookbook. It’s nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, grain-free and raw! ENJOY!
Creamy Zucchini Hummus
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 zucchini, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1/2 clove garlic (or a full one, if your friends can handle it)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
Make It Like So
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Excerpted from The UnDiet Cookbook: 130 Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy and Awesome Life by Meghan Telpner. Copyright © 2015 Meghan Telpner. Photography Copyright © 2015 Maya Visnyei and Catherine Farquharson. Published by Appetite by Random House, a division of Random House of Canada Ltd., a Penguin Random House Company. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.