Wanna learn how to make a warming, gluten-free Velvety Kale Soup? It’s cleansing, detoxing, and yet comforting & delicious. Join me with Heather and Jenny from SporkFoods as we have fun in their kitchen. The cool thing about these girls is that you learn SO many great tips along the way!
Here’s the recipe for those of you cooking along at home!
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 18 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour
FOR THE SOUP
– 1 bulb garlic, top sliced off to expose the cloves
– ¼ teaspoon neutral-tasting oil
– ¾ teaspoon sea salt, plus pinch, divided
– ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus pinch, divided
– 2 tablespoons vegan butter
– 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
– 1 large potato, peeled and diced (about ¾ cup)
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and chopped (about 3 loose cups)
– 1 bunch spinach, coarsely chopped (about 3 loose cups)
– 2 ½ cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
– ¼ cup Marsala wine
– 1 cup soy milk creamer
FOR THE CASHEW CREAM
– ⅓ cup unsalted raw cashews
– 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
– ¼ cup soy milk creamer or almond milk
– Pinch garlic powder
– Pinch sea salt
– Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
TO PREPARE THE SOUP
TO MAKE THE CASHEW CREAM
Tip: Even though your greens will shrink by about 90 percent when you cook this soup, you’ll still need a lot of room, so be sure to use a large pot.