5 Reasons To Love NYC!
I have just returned from a super-quick visit to NYC, and I have to say that I LOVE that it’s so easy as a traveler to be Gorgeously Green in this amazing city. If you are traveling anytime time soon to the Big Apple, you’ll hopefully find my reasons-to-love-NYC helpful:
- Kimpton Hotels: What would a green girl do without the Kimpton Hotel chain in NYC? I had the best ever experience at Ink 48 in the meat-packing Mid-town district. Like many hotels in the Kimpton Chain, Ink 48 is a unique boutique hotel with a flavor all of its own. It used to be a printing facility, and Kimpton has transformed it into a beautiful hotel. BTW – this is their thing: rather than start a new construction, they take an old building and keep its original character as they turn it into one of their acclaimed hotels. The rooms are incredible for NYC – spacious and flooded with light. Every creature comfort is attended to, including enormous animal print bathrobes, and the comfiest beds and bed linens ever. Oh – and a huge bonus is that you’ll find a yoga mat in every room. So the moment I arrived – all squished up from a long trip, I was able to physically unwind on my purple mat! The real kicker for someone who gets excited each time she visits NYC is that many of their rooms boast outstanding views of both the Hudson River (my room looked right over it), and the Manhattan skyline. The rooftop lounge has a 360 degree view – worth having a drink there even if you’re not staying in the hotel. Ink 48 also has a stunning spa, where you get to choose from an enormous menu of invigorating, natural face and body treatments. However, the cherry on the top of my Ink 48 experience was the Print restaurant, where I devoured an insanely delicious stuffed squash with truffle oil – I literally rushed to my farmers market as soon as I got back to LA to buy all the veggies, mushrooms and chestnuts to replicate this exquisite dish. Suffice to say – I highly recommend Ink 48!
- Pure Food and Wine: I ate the best salad I’ve ever eaten in my life at this exquisite raw, organic restaurant – and that’s saying something! Totally raw, gluten-free, vegan and some – I just wish that there was one next to me in Los Angeles, because I’d live there. BTW – how they manage to make gluten-free crackers taste beyond delicious is anyone’s guess!
- CitibikeNYC makes getting around NYC by bicycle so darn easy!
- Exhale Spa is one of my favorite spa chains and I was delighted to find so many in NYC. They not only do the best exercise class in town – their signature Core Fusion, but their boutiques sell all of my favorite green skin care products.
- Blue Print Juice is one of the original cold-pressed juice joints – USDA certified organic, I love all of their blends.