I love marinara sauce – It is such a great go-to weeknight dinner. Pair it with pasta, veggies, or vegan meatballs for a filling, delicious plant-based dinner! Plus, take the oil out and you’ve got yourself a heart healthy meal!!
So, I’m using my favorite pans in the world to make this sauce – 360 Cookware. You MUST read up on this amazing company. And for a limited time, they’re offering YOU 20% off your entire order. Click the link below, and use the code SOPHIE20 at checkout!
• ½ cup low-sodium veggie broth
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tsp dried oregano
• 2 15-ounce cans organic chopped tomatoes
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 2tbsp fresh basil, chopped
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• Ground black pepper
• 1 cup shredded carrots (optional)
1. In a large saucepan or skillet, bring broth to a simmer.
2. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, and sauté for 5 minutes (stir constantly). Add tomato and tomato paste and carrots. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and basil. Season.