Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Basil Lemontini + Quick Coconut Flour Flatbread with the JingSlingers
I am so excited to be hosting the JingSlingers tonight on my Facebook Live. We’re going to be cooking up a storm, and here are the recipes we’ll be tackling!
Strawberry Basil Lemontini
Sweet, sour, salty, savory… this drink hits all the right buttons and pulls all the right switches on your palate. Equally fitting for casual get-togethers, or for formal affairs, our Strawberry Basil Lemontini always results in glasses being drained in record time. Enjoy the flavor, feel the hydration, while benefiting from the detoxifying properties of the lemon and strawberry, and the natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects of the basil. Whatever flavor or factoid you like best about it, we know you’ll be scrambling for seconds!
- 10 oz (284g) Organic Frozen Strawberries
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- 1 TB Lemon Rind
- 5 medium-large fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 TB Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 1 TB Birch Xylitol or Erythritol (or sweetener of choice)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Stevia
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
Jing It Up (options)
- 2 TB Aloe Vera Juice or Fresh Gel
- ½ TB Arnox Advantage
Sling It Up
Place frozen strawberries into your blender, along with the rest of your ingredients, adding the water last. Blend well. If you want a thinner consistency, add ¼ cup (60ml) of water at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Quick Coconut Flour Flatbread
This is a vegan & paleo 1-bowl, 1-spoon recipe that takes mere minutes to make! With all the benefits that coconut brings to your plate, plus hormone boosting with a blast of maca, who could ask for more from your sandwich? Freestyle with this adaptogenic bread, as it will make a grilled Panini sandwich as easily as a flatbread appetizer for unexpected guests. Recipe yields 4-6 flatbreads.
- ½ cup (65g) Coconut Flour
- 2 TB Psyllium Husk Powder
- ¼ cup (60g) Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tsp Fresh Rosemary Leaves, minced (no stems)
- ½ tsp Garlic Granules
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup (250ml) Water, boiling
Jing It Up (options)
Sling It Up
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Stir with a spoon until it is well mixed. Add the melted coconut oil into the mixture and stir in the boiling water as you pour it in. Once mixed and cool enough to handle (just a few seconds), hand roll into a ball, then split the ball into four or six equal pieces.
- On a piece of parchment paper, individually flatten each quarter into a flat disk, either by hand, or with a rolling pin and a second piece of parchment paper, so that the disk is about ⅛ inch thick. Using our hands is our method.
- Use your favorite skillet, or crepe pan. You can use no oil or you can very lightly spray/oil with either ghee or coconut oil. Put the pan on medium heat. Drop the disks into the pan one at a time, cook until it is lightly browned on one side, then flip and lightly brown on the opposite side. A super thin spatula makes it easy to flip.
- This flatbread is both flavorful and flexible and can be made in a hot pan with NO oil, but you need to watch it like a hawk so it does not burn or stick, as without the oil it can do both quickly!
- Flatbreads will stay fresh in the refrigerator in a sealed container/bag for 3-5 days. They freeze beautifully up to 30 days. Can be made into pizza, sandwiches, panini, gyros, pita, etc.
Also, you might want to check out the detox drops that JingSlingers have just started to sell. If you fear that you have any kind of heavy metal poisoning, these drops will take it right out of you!