Matcha Vanilla Bean Scones
I think I might have scored with these match vanilla bean scones. It’s not always easy to create a light, buttery vegan scone, but this one gets pretty darn close. I love anything containing Matcha Green tea – and its delicate taste pairs beautifully with vanilla bean.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend ( I used Pamela’s)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
- 2 vanilla pods, scraped out
- 1/2 cup Zero
- 5 tbsp Vegan Spread (I used Earth Balance) – make sure it’s cold
- 1 1/2 cups culinary coconut milk
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2tbsp organic powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp culinary coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped out
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F (or 350 convection)
- Mix the dry ingredients and vanilla in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Cut the vegan spread into the flour and use your fingers to break it up and combine it with flour so that you get pea-sized lumps of fat throughout.
- Add the coconut milk and vinegar and blend with a wooden spoon until a semi-sticky mixture has formed.
- Use your hands to scoop out small balls of dough (gets messy) and place them 2-3 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are beginning to crack and brown.
- Mix the icing ingredients in a small bowl and pour into an icing bag. Ice scones while still warm.
- These scones are best eaten the day of baking, but will keep in an air tight container for a day.
- Enjoy your matcha vanilla bean scones!
For more Gorgeously Green recipes delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!